Thursday, 6 October 2011

I Just Can't Wait to be King!

One of my favourite songs from Disney's 'The Lion King'.

We went to Blackpool to see the new 3D version of The Lion King. Me, Adam, Kai, my Dad, and my Auntie managed to squeeze in early enough to snag premier seats. I've never sat in one before (usually because they always want extra money and they rob you enough as it is!) But it was free, we could sit where we wanted, so premier seats it was, and to be honest it wasn't ANY different!


                                                                   Disney - nail biting stuff!





Me and Adam made a special effort to go and see this one, as it's his favourite Disney film, and features in our wedding next year :)




With making so many cakes lately, doing photography, wedding planning, Christmas shopping and general day to day school run and jobs I have NO time to watch films.....never mind older films like this one! So it was great to take a little time out and make the effort to see it. To say the original film wasn't actually MADE to be 3D, they did quite a good job, but only 3 parts of the film where you actually noticed, it didn't really warrant to be made again in 3D.

All in all though if you haven't seen it for a while and you've got nothing to do....go and see it. You forget just how good Disney's really are when you haven't seen them for a while, and its easy to see why its Adam's favourite (I'm a 'Beauty and the Beast' girl myself though!).It should be available to book from around the 7th October.


Your probably wondering why we are having Lion King at our wedding, well if you've read some of my very first posts about it then you'll realize we are subtly injecting movies into it - mostly our favourites! And as this is Adam's fav we have decided to feature the song 'Hakuna Matata' at the ceremony, and also on our rings.
Hakuna Matata - It means no worries, for the rest of your days. In our opinion its the perfect motto!


Cheesy?...of course! Wouldn't have it any other way LOL
But we are doing what WE want to do, not what others THINK we should do. Plus, Adam busts some serious moves to this song.......3 minutes and 41 seconds of bottom jiggling.

Whilst I'm on the subject of weddings, I've been practicing my 'poms'. I'm HOPING to have them hanging from a few trees, and throughout the venue, but we will just have to see what we can and cant do with it being in a zoo. I have purple, orange and green paper, but practiced with my purple ones last night and got slightly carried away!...Here are just 3 of them:



They are still hanging from my light fitting this morning. For my very first ones I'm quite impressed with how they turned out, but MY GOD are they a labour of love! 3 days before the wedding....pray for me as I'll be making these all day. LOL

I also have tickets to the National wedding show in Birmingham on Sunday, my victims for the day are my Mum, one of my bridesmaids and my Auntie. Enduring hours and hours of wedding stuff. Whilst I'll be flitting from one stall to the next cooing over things I REALLY want but cant afford, the poor sods will be bored out of their minds with very sore feet. Good job we are going for a beer afterwards before we get the train :)

I'll let you know how we get on :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment