Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Doodles is 2!

No I don't mean the red dog from the Tweenies, I mean Abbi! She has many nicknames and Doodles is just one (amongst witch, naughty, and the one I seem to say the most 'put it back')
Yes our little madam turned two on the 13th August 2011. To celebrate we took her to Gullivers World in Warrington. I saw that Fireman Sam was going to be there on her birthday, and seeing as Abbi LOVES watching him on TV (Shes actually watching him right now!) then it would be stupid not to.

There was one downside to the plan though, she hates rides! even those small coin operated ones. I think it stems from when she sat alongside Kai in his motorized jeep and he set off down the hill screaming his little lungs out that he couldn't get it to stop.....yeah any one year old would be traumatized by that!

So we kicked off the day with the one and only present she had to open that morning....MEGA BLOCKS which she was dead excited about and couldn't wait to open the bag. We decided to wait to get her more stuff as we wanted to try her on a 'smart trike' to see if she liked it....(which we now know she does) so may get her one of those.


Cards to open!


Making a mess before we set off  :)


After the military operation of getting drinks, snacks, getting dressed, packing 'extras', making sure we have cash etc we finally got to set off.


 Wasn't too long of a drive and we arrived at Gullivers World!


On our way in :)


 We had a quick walk round first and spotted this ride:


Which had more adults on it than children! (Gullivers World is a child only park) They have just built one of these at the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool in Nickelodeon Land, which is where me and Adam are going on the 27th August...child free so we may just get to have a go! LOL

After entering the part of the park called 'Western World' we spotted a little train that we thought would be perfect for Abbi's first ride. We climbed into the cart and waited for Abbi's reaction......she cried when I tried to sit her down so she spent the whole time on my knee, but she enjoyed it so it was a major bonus!


Straight off her first ride we went looking for more!



 Its rude to point!



And now I know where she got it from.....
Her second ride....I thought 'hmmm some gentle cars...these will be ok for her' which I then regretted as the minute we set off it gave everyone in the car whiplash followed by Abbi's eyes nearly popping out of her sockets. Luckily round the track were some plastic rabbits I could distract her with and she ended up liking this ride too! Kai said he was driving us round the 'city' which comprised of some dated plastic bunnies, and a hut with one of those giant reject stuffed Easter bunnies looking slightly drunk and dirty inside it.


Off to find more!


As we walked back over the bridge we saw Fireman Sam! After months of running toward the TV, dancing to the theme tune and annoying everyone with the constant 'OH LOOK' when he came on TV....she wasn't impressed, what a bummer!


O well, lets have another walk around the park! We walked through a 'circus' part of the park, in which most of the booths were shut for renovation, and passed a block of toilets which STUNK! I had read many reviews before trying Gullivers, and they were very mixed but one thing I remembered was the talk of the amount of wasps, and the smell and state of the toilets....THOSE reviews weren't wrong! You daren't even venture inside with what you could smell just walking past. However I did find cleaner ones in 'Lilliput Land' the only problem was you had to sit there on the bog listening to a tape of an annoying fairy voice telling you that 'this room was especially for the princesses' and continued to babble on whilst your trying to pee. Each door had a picture of a fairy on it and a name, my new identity for the whole of 60 seconds was 'tooth fairy' very fitting to say my teeth are currently knackered and need plenty of trips to the dentist in the next few months. I wanted to be the 'moon fairy' but alas it was not to be....I wasn't going to argue with a 3 year old who had her pants round her ankles...she was a true moon fairy.

We grabbed something to eat (which may I say if your planning a trip to Gullivers, order your food half an hour before you even think your going to be hungry) they take SO long. Just enough time for Adam to rest his feet:

 Ooops how silly of me...that isn't Adam (I know your reading this chuckles....nah nah nah nah nahhhhh *tongue out*)
 hee hee

Whilst me and Kai were queuing for a ride, Adam captured this......BROKEN DOWN AT THE TOP! mwahahaha. I'm so evil....but its so funny! 'help us dooooowwwn'!! LOL


Next is the ride we queued a while for....it took 15 MINUTES to get round the ride, and was painfully slow, and I mean REALLY slow. Not just a gentle float round the bends, we were at a standstill at most points so I made it go faster by reaching onto the sides and pushing ourselves along, resulting in mossy green fingers. In one area there was a small waterfall ...and our boat was heading for it! We would have been SOAKED if I hadn't half-hung out the boat trying to grip the concrete to pull us away from it. Kai had his jacket over his head ready and was stretching away from it, the whole time I'm thinking 'CRAAAAP!!' and clawing at the walls. Luckily minor scratches and dirty fingers paid off as we slowly drifted off down the opposite path. Do you hear that movie makers? I'm now a fully trained stunt woman ready to row myself away from a gigantic waterfalls, £100,000 an hour yeah?


I also have a daughter who does a fantastic impression of a moose:


Funny yeah?....

Ok so if you have no use for a 2 year old moose impressionist, how about a dare devil dinghy dude?


No? O well, looks like I'll have to stick with making cakes then!

 Anyhoo we put Abbi on another ride, wasn't too sure at first and clung on for dear life like a baby koala....but as usual ended up liking it!


Daddy's turn! He took Kai on the highest ride he'd ever been on..


Up they go!

And you can just see on this picture...Kai was LOVING it!


Kai doing a fantastic job of gagging Daddy...


We walked round 'Adventure World' again - beware of the CLONED HORSIES, they wear white streaky facepaint which looks JUST like birdy poop.



Then came the ultimate test, a ride where Abbi couldn't sit on me knee or sit next to me, she had to go it alone on the saddle of a 'peg' ...(Abbi's word for Pig!) and just look how she got on...Loved it :)


Daddy's turn again....back on the cars for a final ride.



OH MY GOD I would NOT, repeat NOT get in the back of a black taxi with that! Look at that evil smirk...you just know your tights are going to get laddered.


Now I'm going to leave you with that last image because its the end of part one :)
do NOT send me your cleaning bills when you have nightmares tonight  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment